Thursday, April 14, 2011

BONDED BY BLOOD ANNOUNCES TOURING LINE-UP AHEAD OF SHOWS WITH SEPULTURA

Californian thrashers BONDED BY BLOOD recently wrapped up a European co-headlining tour with LAZARUS A.D., and are now back home and preparing for a North American trek supporting SEPULTURA.

BONDED BY BLOOD have announced that BRANDON GULLING (MALUS REX, AVENGER OF BLOOD) and BEN BENNET (SMOG, WARBRINGER) will be filling in on the tour for amicably departing members ALEX LEE (guitar) and JERRY GARCIA (bass) respectively.

Remaining BONDED BY BLOOD members CARLOS REGALADO, JUAN JUAREZ and MAURO GONZALEZ have released the following statement:

"Bonded By Blood has gone through so many changes in the last couple of years while playing amazing festivals, touring the entire United States, Europe and Canada dozens of times, and enjoying the time with new and old friends and fans all over the world who mean the most to us.  We first lost our original bass player, Ruben Dominguez back in 2009, then singer Jose Barrales left the band in 2010, but each was replaced with new members and the group marched on.  Now, we regret to announce that Alex Lee (guitar) and Jerry Garcia (bass) are also stepping away from BBB.  We will miss them just as much as we miss Ruben and Jose, and this band will not be the same without them, but the three of us that are left in Bonded By Blood hope that everyone who enjoys this band can understand that changes are inevitable.  As much as we want to keep an 'original line-up', things happen that you just can't control.

"We hope all our friends, fans and fellow musicians can still give us the warm welcome we always received and still support us in these hard times while we rebuild the band as we all need all the support we can get.  Thankfully, some new friends stepped up and are working hard to help us do the Sepultura tour, so big thanks to Ben Bennet (from Smog and formerly Warbringer) and Brandon Gulling (of Malus Rex and the recently reformed Avenger of Blood), who will be filling in on bass and rhythm guitar respectively while we keep together what is left of Bonded By Blood.  We hope to see you all on the road again; it's not going to be the same without our old friends up there with us... But shit happens."

ALEX LEE comments:

"With Jose leaving the band followed by my own parting, I want to assure you all that it is not a coincidence, nor is it a fluke.  Being a guitarist, I have always been interested in playing other styles of music and not only thrash.  Don't get me wrong, I love my thrash music, but I honestly see myself being suited better with another band or type of music than what I have been doing with Bonded By Blood.  It has been one of the hardest decisions of my life, due to the fact that this was the first band that I was in or established, but now I feel that it's my time to move on and to continue my progress on a new path.  I wish Bonded the best of luck and I know they can succeed.  As for the fans, I know they won't truly understand, they can either hate me or follow me, but I hope they will continue listening to and seeing Bonded live, for I believe that they will hold strong for years to come.  You guys were the best and thanks for the great years!"

JERRY GARCIA comments:

"Being part of Bonded By Blood for almost two years now has been the best experience of my life.  I've seen and done things that I could have only dreamed of.  I had the honor of sharing the stage with some of the most talented musicians in the world, including the ones in my band.  Everything I experienced will be something that I will cherish for a lifetime.  However, as time goes by and life begins to unfold, certain things begin to become very evident and downright inevitable.  Bonded By Blood is more than just a band, it's a spirit and it transcends any single individual person or band member.

"I want to thank each and every single one of you that ever supported me and the guys in doing what we do best in life, and that is music.  There is no better feeling in the world than to bring happiness to someone through music.  It is an incredibly humbling experience that I never took for granted.  I am not sad, nor am I disappointed in my departure from the band.  I see it as a fresh start to another chapter in my random life.  As for me... Well, I'll be around - music is something that is essential to my life.  I cherished the good, learned from the bad and realized that in life, 'the only constant is change'.

"One last thank you to everyone that showed me kindness on and off the road, so thanks to Juan, Carlos, Alex, Mauro, Marco, Talita and the rest of the Earache gang including Anthony, every band I toured with, and most of all the fans!  See ya!"

Catch BONDED BY BLOOD live on tour at the following shows:

BONDED BY BLOOD w/ HATE
Apr. 17 - Broadway Joe's - Buffalo, NY

BONDED BY BLOOD w/ SEPULTURA, BELPHEGOR, HATE, KEEP OF KALESSIN, NEURAXIS
Apr. 18 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Apr. 19 - Imperial de Quebec - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
Apr. 20 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Apr. 21 - Maverick's - Ottawa, ON - CANADA (no SEPULTURA)
Apr. 22 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Apr. 23 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
Apr. 24 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Apr. 25 - The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
Apr. 26 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC
Apr. 27 - The Club at Firestone - Orlando, FL
Apr. 28 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Apr. 29 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
May 01 - Clicks - Tyler, TX
May 02 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
May 03 - Trees - Dallas, TX
May 04 - Conservatory - Oklahoma City, OK (no SEPULTURA)
May 05 - Jake's - Lubbock, TX
May 06 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM
May 07 - The Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ (w/ D.R.I.)
May 08 - Club DV8 - Tucson, AZ (w/ D.R.I.)
May 09 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA
May 10 - The Knitting Factory - Reno, NV
May 11 - The Grand Ballroom at Regency Center - San Francisco, CA
May 12 - Hawthorne Theater - Portland, OR
May 13 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
May 14 - The Knitting Factory - Spokane, WA
May 16 - Gothic Theater - Englewood, CO
May 17 - Oz Cafe - Wichita, KS (no SEPULTURA)
May 18 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 19 - Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago, IL
May 20 - Blondie's - Detroit, MI
May 21 - Montage Music Hall - Rochester, NY
May 22 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH

BONDED BY BLOOD w/SEPULTURA, HATE, KEEP OF KALESSIN, NEURAXIS
May 23 - Expo Five - Louisville, KY
May 24 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
May 26 - The Zoo - Winnipeg, MB - CANADA
May 27 - The Exchange - Regina, SK - CANADA
May 28 - MacEwan Ballroom - Calgary, AB - CANADA
May 29 - Starlite Ballroom - Edmonton, AB - CANADA
May 30 - Third - Prince George, BC - CANADA
May 31 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC - CANADA

BONDED BY BLOOD's latest album, EXILED TO EARTH, is available now on limited edition CD with a free patch, as well as special low price CD and limited edition coloured vinyl.

Get the album now in North America at http://earache.com/uswebstore/index.php/cPath/667_668_16 or in Europe at http://earache.com/webstore/index.php/cPath/667_668_16

Get more BONDED BY BLOOD news and info at:

MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/bondedbyblood
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/officialbondedbyblood
Twitter - http://twitter.com/bondedbybloodLA


UK AND EUROPEAN PRESS MANAGER - TALITA
talita@earache.com
London office phone: +44(0)207 240 5002

USA PRESS OFFICE
usapr@earache.com
NYC office phone: +1(718)786 1707

No comments: